Updated: Apr 19
The quality of your thoughts determines the quality of your life. As another new year has arrived, there is no better time than now to reflect and determine what you can do to make this year the best year of your life.
“You can’t just say that you’re committed to creating the best year of your life and expect it to stick. You have to make a conscious effort to allow this commitment to become part of your internal belief system.”
— Debbie Ford
Another year has drawn to a close and we are done welcoming the new year. For many, it is the time to make resolutions. Let this also be the time where you commit to a new you—a time to keep the promises you make to yourself and make a new life.
This year, commit to creating the life you always wanted by doing things to make your life better. Fill your year with happiness and success by undertaking certain small daily improvements. Make 2023 the best year of your life, and create an unending string of such years.
Things You Need To Do to Create The Best Year Of Your Life
Physical distress, mental stress and deteriorating relationships have taken over and affected the lives of many of us in recent times. Step into 2023 with this checklist of things to make your life better to stay content and happy throughout the year while being consistent with your life goals making it the best year of your life.
1. Avoid repeating mistakes of the past. Instead, try new ways to solve your persisting problems.
2. Follow a positive mindset. The quality of your life is heavily determined by the quality of your thoughts.
3. Keep your promises; avoid guilt. Do your best to keep the promises you make to others and to yourself.
4. Be mindful. Strive to be present in every activity and conversation you are part of. Don't just be there, try being fully engaged at the moment right now.
5. Take consistent steps to improve yourself no matter how big or small it is. Remember small daily improvements are the key to astounding long-term results to make a new life.
6. Fill your mind with good and meaningful information. Continue to learn as much as you can by reading articles, watching videos, and listening to podcasts.
7. Always remember knowledge is crucially important, but knowledge alone will not get results. Actions do. Take purposeful actions.
8. Be inspired. Listen to music, browse artistic works, and watch documentaries or films that are coherent with your vision for the year.
9. Change is constant and instead of fearing it, embrace it. Fears unfaced become your limits. There is power in showing up for yourself.
10. When you embrace mistakes and use them as teaching moments, you transform that mistakes into an opportunity to grow and become a better person.
11. Wake up naturally to begin your day in a positive mood. Practise a routine of sleeping on time and waking up at the same hour every day.
12. Detox. It is a good idea to start the year with a clean slate by detoxing. Cut back on unhealthy food and lifestyle choices. Amend your diet to speed up the detox process.
13. Declutter your life digitally. The online world and social media create a lot of distractions around you. Learn here some exceptional tips to unplug from technology without a complete digital detox
14. Exercise daily. It could be dancing, swimming, Yoga, rope skipping, or going for a run. Make sure you’re doing at least 20 to 30 minutes of significant physical activities.
15. Practice meditation. Practising meditation for about 15 to 20 minutes every day helps in reducing anxiety which is the need of the hour in this highly competitive era.
16. Go outside and spend as much time as possible with nature. If you spend most of your time indoors, commit to spending more time outside this year.
17. Get on top of your finances. Optimise the ways you spend your money. Also, seek smart ways to invest wisely.
18. Spend money on experiences. You could go on vacation or take friends out for a treat. Spending money in such ways yields a remarkable feeling of satisfaction.
19. For health goals, start with a few small lifestyle changes instead of applying severe changes at once and incrementally move your way towards your goal.
20. Believe in yourself and accept no excuses for quitting at least one bad habit during the year. Stop thinking of all the reasons you can’t do it and start doing it to make a new life.
Tips for Social Life and Relationships
21. Don’t take care of everyone so seriously that you end up overlooking yourself. Prioritise yourself and perform an act of self-care every single day along with other things to make your life better.
22. Start to show maximum love and care to your family. Spend as much quality time with them as you can.
23. Smile at strangers. In a time when technology is making us forget how to act human and relationships are diminishing, become the politest person you know.
Have unfilled dreams or desires? Need help to make the next year the best year of your life? Get expert help to transform your dream into reality. Work with a life coach to do more, have more and be more.
Not sure whether you can benefit from a life coach or not? Take the free quiz to find out the answer.
Smita D Jain is a Certified Life Coach, Executive Coach and NLP Practitioner. Smita’s ‘Empower Yourself’ Personal Clarity Coaching Programs enable busy professionals unhappy in their jobs to tap into their passions and transform them into professions so that they work because they want to, not because they have to.
Prior to her journey as a coach, Smita had extensive experience of 14 years as a corporate and business strategy professional with Fortune 500 companies. She is also TEDx speaker, a speaker at various public forums, a published writer, and an Amazon bestselling author.
You can learn more about Personal Empowerment Life Coach and Executive Coach Smita D Jain’s ‘Empower Yourself’ Coaching Programs by visiting www.lifecoachsmitadjain.com and
book a complimentary strategy session at https://www.lifecoachsmitadjain.com/booking.
#silence #mindfulness #thepowerofsilence #usesilencetoincreasepower #quiettime#leaders #nlpcoaching #nlpcoach #nlppractitioner #nlptraining #lifecoaching #nlpmasterpractitioner #lifecoach #lifefuturein2023